Friday, March 19, 2010

Makeshift


That applies to today's photo as well as the subject of the photo itself. I washed the covers of this chair and The Spouse dutifully sent it off for ironing before I could warn him not to. That's my new dupatta you see wrapped around it. I got the cushion covers at a handicrafts exhibition, from a stall from West Bengal.
I call it a makeshift effort as I couldn't manage anything better after a long day at work. In fact, I had two great subjects, but passed them too soon - one was a kid with a double halo of little green bulbs around his head, and a little later, it was a guy selling headsets of fluorescent red horns (like in the devil's horns) who approached me when I stopped at the traffic signal. He was wearing one himself. I began groping for the camera but he had rightly guessed my interest in him wasn't business, and went away. (I would have attempted to compensate him.)

4 comments:

  1. Those devils in their horns have irritated me no end on the jubilee hills check post signal - those things are no longer sold now, may be went in search of 'redder' pastures.
    This is a neat arrangement - i do it just for a change of colour on sofa - with a throw :) just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both those would've made some great candid shots! They need to invent a camera we can wear in our eyes, like a contact lens. Whenever we see something intersting, we just need to blink and it will be captured instantly. How cool will that be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am stuck on the spouse sending off the covers for ironing, dutifully!

    @Sig, I think the camera you are talking about will overload our already overloaded brain with stuff we don't want to hear or see, among other things. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nandita, :) I haven't attempted throws!
    Sig, I love the idea, but I wonder how we'll transfer it to the computer - just like that, with another blink?
    Jaya, :) I see your point too, about the eye camera, and was wondering how to eliminate the stuff we don't want to remember

    ReplyDelete